domingo, 4 de mayo de 2014

Manifesto

           History is the story of who we are and where we come from. Also, history helps people learn from the mistakes of those in the past. For me, Freddy Lopez, my history begins in the Colegio Panamericano because it was the place where I learned and grew as a person for many years. For thirteen years, I’ve been studying in this amazing school where I learned a lot from my mistakes which helped me become a better person for the future. These thirteen years passed really fast, but I am happy that I was able to enjoy this wonderful experience to the limit.
            I am grateful for all of the people-parents, teachers, peers- who lived this experience by my side. Without the help of these people, I cannot be the person that I am today because they changed my life drastically. My parents and the teachers helped me change my view of the world by being able to recognize the struggles of others.  From my classmates, I learned to seek the end my goals and to fight for my dreams because no one will fight them for me. I think that my parents selected wisely for choosing this wonderful school because I learned to be a better student and human being. All the values that I acquired in the Colegio Panamericano are going to by essential for my success as a professional, friend, father, and lover.
            One of my best experiences that helped me to be grateful for what I have was the Mega Misiones done in Medellin. I had the opportunity to have this journey because I belonged to a group of teenagers that represented the Catholic Church called Club Faro. We were common people who wanted to change the world by helping the people who need it or did not have God in their heart. The funny side was that my mother forces me to join this group because I needed to change my attitude towards people and be a better person. At the end, I liked Club Faro because I was able to make new friends and get closer to God.  I am grateful with my parents because I could visit many places around Colombia by making charity works.
            This amazing experience made me reflect and think if I had a duty in the world or was able to make the world a better place for everyone. I realized that I could do or be whoever I want in the future but without forgetting that my decisions should benefit or help humanity. Even in my professional career I expect to help people the way I can by changing people’s minds to good because that is my purpose in life. Also, I want to leave a better place for my sons because I do not want them to live in a nasty world.
            All my life I’ve been living with fear of what the people say and think about me. In the last year of school I realized that it was only important what I believed about me. All this process show the maturity I have acquired in all this cycle that is getting over in few weeks; the school. Sometimes when I’m sad, I lose my path and everything starts to go wrong. In these cases I remember the quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be"(1952). This beautiful quote remembers me that everything is possible and that I am the one who creates the limits to my dreams. 
            One of my biggest dreams is to become a pilot of airplane from one of the best Airlines in Colombia. I know it is really difficult, but I believe in my capacities and I have the support of many people who believe in me and my dream. Before dying I wish to be able to achieve and accomplish all the goals I set in life.

In order to achieve my dreams I believe in some rules that will help me reach them successfully.
·         Be responsible.
·         Respect others and yourself.
·         Forget about your pride and help others.
·         Write your goals.
·         Expect Failure.
·         Be decisive.
·         Believe in yourself.



Photo Credit: Daily Positive Quotes 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario